Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

December 6, 2008

Tenth Week of Pregnancy / Décima Semana de Embarazo

Monday marks my 10th week of pregnancy! You can see pictures of me and a very small bump in the picture gallery. Though I'm not showing in a way that most others who don't know me well would notice, it's very apparent to me... especially when I try to zip up my jeans! (They won't, except for first thing in the morning, and that's so uncomfortable after an hour or two I don't even try. Yay for the "tummy sleeve"! It goes around your jeans so you can wear them unzipped and unbuttoned... makes all your pants last an extra couple months, and it makes me a much happier person!

I still have yet to experience very much "morning sickness," and I'm praising God and praying that will be the case through the whole thing! That hasn't immuned me from all of the other fun pregnancy symptoms though. The biggest and most frustratingly prohibitive has been fatigue. It's definitely cramping my fast-pace style that I'm so used to. I am constantly hungry, and it's bizarre to suddenly have the metabolism of an olympic athlete, but it's a problem that's pretty easy to solve.

If you think of our family and want to pray, Alejandro and I would be extremely honored and grateful. Please pray for God's grace and wisdom as we navigate through so many changes. Please pray for insurance people to do their job and paperwork to make its way through the system quickly so I an get to a doctor and get that first exam. Please pray for my energy to continue building my Mary Kay business so that I can stay home with Baby when he/she is here. And finally, please pray that Baby grows healthy and strong with a little heart that's already inclined to the Lord.

I always take what I find on the internet with a grain of salt, but above you can see some pictures of a 10 week fetus! My favorite are the tiny fingers!

At ten weeks:

The fetus is about 2-1/2 inches from head to rump, weighing about 1-1/2 ounces.
Fingers and toes are distinct and have nails.
The fetus begins small, random movements, too slight to be felt.
The fetal heartbeat can be detected with a doppler or heart monitor.
All major external body features have appeared.
Muscles continue to develop.
__________________Español__________________
¡El lunes empieza mi décima semana de embarazo! Arriba se pueden ver las fotos de una pancita pequeña. Aunque la mayoría de la gente que no me conoce muy bien no se da cuenta, para mí es muy obvio... ¡Especialmente cuando trato de ponderme mis jeans! (No me quedan los jeans, excepto que primera cosa de la mañana, y es tan incómodo después de una hora o dos que nisiquiera intento usarlos. Por dicha existe un invento que se llama "manga para pansa" que va alrededor de los pantalones así que se pueden usar con el boton abierto, así que todos los pantalones me quedarán uno o dos meses más.

Todavía no he tenido mucha nausea, y doy gracias a Dios por eso. ¡Oro que será el caso por todo el embarazo! Sin embargo, sí he experimentado casi cada otro síntoma de pansona. El más grande y más frustrante es el estar exhausta. Definitivamente no puedo seguir con el estilo rápido de vida que normalmente llevo. Tengo hambre constantemente, y es extraño tener de pronto el metabolismo de una atleta olímpica, pero es un problema fácil de resolver.

Si usted piensa en nuestra familia y quiere orar, Alejandro y yo estaríamos muy agradecidos. Favor de orar para el misericórdia de Dios y la sabiduría mientras experimentamos tantos cambios de vida. Pedimos que ore que los papeles pasan por la compañía de seguros rápido para que pueda ir para la primera visita del doctor. También pido que ore por mi energía para que pueda seguir desarollando mi negocio Mary Kay para que yo pueda quedarme en casa con el bebé cuando llegue. Finalmente, pido que ore que el bebé sea saludable y fuerte con un corazoncito ya dedicado a Dios.

Nunca confío completamente en cada cosa que leo o veo en el internét... pero arriba, puede ver fotos de un féto de 10 semanas. ¡Mi foto favorita es la de los deditos pequeños!

A las 10 semanas:

El féto está más o menos 6 centímetros de largo de cabeza a cadera, y pesa más o menos 1.5 onzas.
Tiene dedos distintos completas con uñas.
Empieza a hacer movimientos pequeños al azar, todavía muy leves para sentir.
Se puede notar el latido del corazón con un doppler o con un monitor de corazón.
Todas las características mayores del cuerpo han aparecido.
Sigue el desarollo de los músculos.

No comments: