Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 15, 2016

Danny's Rebirth Story

I always prayed, since I was pregnant with Danny, that he would accept the Lord into his life at an early age. Tonight, that prayer was answered. 

This afternoon, we were listening to YouTube videos of Psalty the Singing Songbook (from the 1980's record albums).  After one song about inviting Jesus into our hearts to be our Lord and Savior, Danny just said, "Me too! I wanna ask Jesus into my heart too!"

Trying not to jump out of my skin with excitement, I said, "Have you ever done that?" 

"Yeah, every morning when I pray!" 

"Hmm... Did you know you only have to ask Him one time? Would you like to pray together w mama and papa to ask Jesus into your heart?" 

"Yeah."

"Ok, buddy.... Maybe we could do that tonight, when Papa gets home." 

"Yeah!" 

So this evening, as we were putting the kids to bed, I looked at Alejandro and motioned, but he suggested that tomorrow when we don't feel rushed, and we can talk about it in depth, might be better. I mean, have you ever tried to have a deep conversation with a chatty almost 3 year old in the room?? Ha! 

I always sing to the boys before leaving the room at night and tonight, without thinking, I sung "in the morning, when I rise, Give me Jesus," and "Jesus. He died. He rose. He lives. We live through Him." (Another Psalty song.) 

Then, 20 minutes after we left the room, Danny needed the bathroom and when he was done, I invited him to cuddle w me and hang out with us for a few minutes before going back to bed. Without any prompting, Danny said, "what about praying together with Papa like we said, Mama?" 

"You mean to invite Jesus into your heart?" I asked. 

"Yeah," he said in his casual way. 

We talked for about 5 minutes. About what to pray (Jesus, I invite you into my heart. Will you be my Lord and help me live my life for you? Will you fill me with your Holy Spirit?). About how it's good to pray every morning for Him to guide us and lead us and help us follow Him better, but we only have to ask Him into our hearts as our Lord one time. About whatever came to our hearts. It was sweet and easy, and love and peace filled the room, but there was a spark of excitement too! 

Then I prayed first, for our son, and that God would guide him all of his life to live for Him. Then Danny prayed and we helped a little bit with some of the words. Then Alejandro prayed over our son and asked for grace and wisdom for us in parenting him well. It was amazing and beautiful to hear Danny's gentle sleepy little voice say, "Jesus, please come into my heart. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit." 

What an amazing gift and blessing to be able to share together!! After praying, we talked and cuddled some more. 

I asked him, "Do you feel any different since you asked Jesus into your heart?"

"Yeah." 

"Really? How?" 

"Like my heart is beating super fast! ....kinda' like super powers! Like an angel!" 

Oh! That was the best answer ever! I know for sure that God truly was moving in his little heart (physically and spiritually) and Danny's exuberance was so clear! I will remember this sweet night and thank God for it every moment of my life! Praises to Yahweh, our God and Father!! 



Buddy, let's take a picture so we can remember this special time forever!

Joy overflowing when we asked how he felt. 

Crazy faces!

Then he needed to just hug his Papa for a good long time. How beautiful it was to see Danny's heart so open and vulnerable before us and God! ❤️