Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 18, 2013

Bedtime Wreckage

We just finished the bedtime routine with Danny.  I'm emotional and tired (go figure) and Danny stroked my hair as I laid my head on his pillow in our traditional one minute of cuddling before we say goodnight.

Tears flowed.

Then I got up to go get lip balm for my boy's chapped lips after a day in the sun and when I returned to the bedroom, Alejandro had put Gianni on the bed next to Danny.  Gianni stared at Danny's face and Danny propped himself up on one elbow and talked to his little brother like the little man he's growing into.  I don't even remember what he said, but the two of them just hung out together, there on the bed, while Alejandro looked down at them.  There my three boys were, talking and lovin' on one another, just being family.  My family.

It completely wrecked me.