Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

January 28, 2013

26 Weeks

Beautiful Baby,

Well, my littlest one, we made it to the third trimester!  As I write, you are up to your favorite late-evening activity:  kicking my bladder.  You move all the time and in all sorts of ways now.  Like the time you decided to stand up in my womb in the middle of a tutoring session.

Oh, that awkward moment when I'm trying to teach and shove your head back into my womb at the same time.  Yikes!


Your Papa and I think we just might have a name for you my love.  Of course, we'll keep it a secret until you make your debut.  But it's an exciting thing to have mostly almost decided.

We are still at Grammy's house, where we've been for the last 5 weeks.  It's been a challenging month and a half since we left Colorado.  The flu and a head cold along with heartburn, horribly sore hips, headaches, and Braxton Hicks contractions are just some of fun gifts of pregnancy you and I have endured.  Oh, and the weirdest burning skin sensation right at the top of my baby-bump, about where my sternum is.  I expect it to be all red and irritated, it burns so much, but there is not a single mark or indiction of irritation there.  I CANNOT figure it out.

Oh, and there is one particularly extraordinary talent you've blessed me with:  I can pee 5 times in an hour.  No joke. It's pretty amazing.

Danny often refers to you as, "my brother," these days and he has become fascinated with acting out the story of "Mary and Jophes," after baths.  With one large towel wrapped around his body, and another draped over his head, he cradles a third towel in his arms and "feeds the baby" with my saline solution bottle.  It's precious.  He's practicing for you, sweet boy.

You and I still exercise 2 or 3 times per week.  I'm pretty proud of myself for that!  You are sitting higher than Danny did.  Of course, Danny felt like he was between my knees by 7 months, whereas you seem to be content right underneath my rib cage.  It makes breathing more interesting, but at least I can still cross my legs comfortably.


Only about 90 more days until we get to meet you, sweet one!  I sure can't wait!

Love,
Mama